Avalon Nordic Ski Club
Jackrabbit Program 2020/2021
Note: A Club Membership is required in order to participate in Programs
For more information on Avalon Nordic JD Programs, Please contact Junior Development Coordinator: Avalon.Nordic@gmail.com
Schedule of the Jackrabbit program
Option of Tuesday evenings (6-7pm) or Saturday morning (10 to 11am). The program will start in early January 5th for Tuesday evening group and January 9th for Saturday morning group. Lessons will finish in mid-March. We will be doing dryland sessions if we don’t have snow!
The Jackrabbit Program is designed for the “FUNdamentals” stage of development (children 6-9 years of age). Each child enrolled in the program will receive a toque. The objective is for children to learn basic cross-country ski skills (both classic and skating) and to instill a lifelong interest in the sport, thereby enhancing their quality of life and health.
- Encourage FUN and participation,
- Develop ABC’s. Agility, Balance, Coordination and speed.
- Frequent cross-country skiing during the season.
- Good technique habits developed through repeated practice
- Utilize games to develop technique, speed skills and fitness.
- Well structured programs.
- Develop linear, lateral and multi directional speed.
- Develop a team/social atmosphere.
- Introduce competition in a team environment whenever possible.
- Encourage inter-club social, skill and fitness orientated ski activities.
Registration Online at https://zone4.ca/reg.asp?id=24964