Avalon Nordic Ski Club
Jackrabbit Program 2022/2023
Note: A Club Membership is required in order to participate in Programs
For more information on Avalon Nordic JD Programs, Please contact Junior Development Coordinator: Avalon.Nordic@gmail.com
Schedule of the Jackrabbit program
Option of Tuesday evenings (6:30-7:30pm) or Saturday morning (10 to 11am). The program will start in early January 7th for the Saturday morning group and January 10th for the Tuesday evening group. Lessons will finish in mid-March. We will be doing dryland sessions if we don’t have snow!
The Jackrabbit Program is designed for the “FUNdamentals” stage of development (children 6-9 years of age). Each child enrolled in the program will receive a toque. The objective is for children to learn basic cross-country ski skills (both classic and skating) and to instill a lifelong interest in the sport, thereby enhancing their quality of life and health.
- Encourage FUN and participation,
- Develop ABC’s. Agility, Balance, Coordination and speed.
- Frequent cross-country skiing during the season.
- Good technique habits developed through repeated practice
- Utilize games to develop technique, speed skills and fitness.
- Well structured programs.
- Develop linear, lateral and multi directional speed.
- Develop a team/social atmosphere.
- Introduce competition in a team environment whenever possible.
- Encourage inter-club social, skill and fitness orientated ski activities.
Registration Online at http://www.avalonnordic.ca/registration/